Microsoft is currently preparing its biggest annual product update releases for this year. We’ve never seen so many major updates in a year that we’re going to see this year. Obviously the most important news for this site is Windows Phone, with Windows Phone 8 coming this year.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop told the New York Times that Windows Phone 8 will be released in October. We don’t know if October marks the public release, or a release to phone makers. Windows Phone 8 is set to hit RTM status in September, which means that the code will be finalized by then. Another option is that Nokia will get special treatment, and be allowed to release the first WP8 hardware in October, with other manufacturers following in November.
Other Microsoft releases for this fall, but that don’t really concern this site:
- Latest Windows Azure updates: August (RTM); September (GA)
- Visual Studio 2012: August (RTM and Price List); September (GA)
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV: September (RTM); October (GA)
- Windows 8: First week of August (RTM); October 26 (GA)
- Office 15: October (added to price list); November (RTM); February 2013 (GA)
Like this post? Like us on Facebook to see when a new post is published.