While browsing the websites of the local retailers here in Finland (Gigantti.fi and Verkkokauppa.com), I accidentally spotted a device I haven’t heard of before – the Nokia Lumia 620 Protected Edition. A quick glance at the specs reveal that this is an IP54 certified Nokia Lumia 620. The Protected Edition of the Lumia 620 is the first IP54 certified Nokia since the Nokia 3720, which saw the light of day all the way back in 2009! An IP54 certification means that the device is protected against dust and splashes of waster – i.e. it will not withstand immersion in water. According to Wikipedia, splashing of water means it has to go through a 5 minute test with a water volume of 10 litres per minute and a pressure of 80–100 kPa. The outer shell will also provide some form of protection for accidental drops as well as scratches against the display.
Nokia Lumia 620 Protected Edition specifications:
- GSM frequencies: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G frequencies: 850/900/1900/2100
- OS: Microsoft Windows Phone 8
- Screen: 3.8-inch TFT display, 480 x 800 resolution, 16.7M colors, capacitive touch, ClearBlack Display
- Processor: Dual-core 1.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4
- Camera: 5.0-megapixel, LED flash, 720p at 30fps
- Memory: 8GB internal, 512 MB of RAM, microSD slot (up to 64BG), 7GB of Microsoft SkyDrive storage
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA+ (21 Mbps), HSUPA (5.76 Mbps), WLAN (a/b/g/n), Bluetooth (v3.0), microUSB (2.0), NFC
- Internal GPS receiver with support for A-GPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 1300 mAh (BL-4J)
- Standby time: 330 h (GSM)
- Talk time: 14.6 h (GSM) / 9.9 h (3G)
- Music playback: 61 h
- Dimensions: 61.1 x 11 x 115.4 mm
The cheapest Nokia Lumia 620 Protected Edition is now available via Gigantti for 239 EUR.
Like this post? Like us on Facebook to see when a new post is published.